Cost-conscious and analytical with history of success optimizing quality and production processes in fast-paced manufacturing environments.
Increase productivity, quality, and profitability through keen data analysis and process design; significantly improve operations and provide efficient resolution of production issues. Identify opportunities for honing safety standards and maximizing ROI. Excel at completing projects accurately, on time, and within budget. Proficient in AutoCAD, Simul8, Minitab, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Outstanding communication, problem-solving, and relationship-management skills.
Areas of Expertise
Lean Manufacturing ~ Supply Chain Management ~ Just-in-Time (JIT) ~ Six Sigma
Know Your Customer (KYC) ~ Statistical Process Control (SPC) ~ Cost Reduction & Avoidance
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER II - 8/2012 – Present
Minnzon Industries – New Orleans, Louisiana
Challenged with increasing product quality, improving process flow, and reducing costs while maintaining or improving safety for large plastics manufacturer. Develop, evaluate, document, and advance manufacturing methods and processes through Lean techniques and Kaizen Events. Analyze and reengineer production layouts, designing and implementing efficiency and quality improvement projects across production lines. Collaborate with administrative and financial teams to establish viable support of safety standards. Provide ongoing production support and troubleshooting.
- Collaborated with senior management on Business Process Reengineering (BPR) efforts, gaining 7% increase in productivity and quality.
- Established first preventive maintenance schedule, ensuring optimal equipment operation without costly downtime.
- Created and implemented efficiency enhancements to generate more than 12% improvement through associated cost reductions.
- Significantly reduced waste and end-to-end production time by leveraging expertise with Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER I - 4/2008 – 7/2012
Macuso, Inc. – Shreveport, Louisiana
Developed accurate, operations-wide measurement standards to increase production, minimize non-value-added time, and reduce cost for leader in aluminum extrusion. Monitored and analyzed workflow, processes, procedures, and line activities, identifying and resolving bottlenecks to maximize efficiency. Created cost models to support customer proposals and cost reduction initiatives. Served on quality assurance team, developing guidelines and procedures to improve standards and performance. Developed documentation system to ensure accurate, timely updates.
- Implemented Just-in-Time (JIT) strategy to optimize throughput and lower warehouse costs by as much as 17%.
- Redesigned floor layout, achieving 10% improvement in overall productivity while reducing required manpower by 4%.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING INTERN - 7/2007 – 12/2007
Zattalin, Inc. – Bywater, Louisiana
Integrated quickly into six-person team tasked with investigating, recommending, planning, and implementing optimization processes in manufacture of fire-retardant clothing. Provided operation expertise and Lean manufacturing strategies to increase ROI and enhance throughput. Consulted with manufacturing team to identify best practices for safety and supply chain operations.
- Completed comprehensive time study project three weeks ahead of schedule.
- Identified and proposed optimization affecting three manufacturing lines.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (12/2007)
Louisiana Tech University – Ruston, Louisiana
Principles in Lean Manufacturing
Manufacturing System Layout and Design
Industrial Safety and Compliance Management
Operations and Facilities Design
Memberships & Associations
Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), 2008-present
American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), 2012-present
As a talented Industrial Engineer I read your posting for a new
Industrial Engineer with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at IEP Design in particular my role as
Industrial Engineer with Cavendish Industrial and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organisation.
With more than 11 years’ experience as an
Industrial Engineer I am adept in research analysis and design of industrial systems and processes. Moreover while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set including first-rate analytical and planning abilities I excel at:
- Outlining processes protocols and production standards.
- Designing equipment and layouts based on manufacturing needs.
- Supervising the work of junior industrial engineers.
- Evaluating machinery performance and developing models for improvement.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for industrial design. I am extremely enthusiastic about IEP Design’s focus on manufacturing and would welcome the opportunity to contribute to your ongoing business success.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.