25 Excellent Argumentative Essay Topics On Nutrition
An argumentative essay will require you to take a particular stance about the topic you are writing about. For example, if you are writing about nutrition, then you will need to try and persuade the reader about a particular point of view that you have taken. As a result, any argumentative essay topics that you choose to write about in relation to nutrition should have at least two sides to them, so that you can argue for or against something. Some topics that you may choose to use for your paper helping listed below.
- People should minimize the amount of carbohydrates that they eat if they want to lose weight
- Being underweight is just as dangerous as being overweight
- Parents should have a more active role in the nutrition of their children
- Schools should provide more nutritious food
- People cannot have a healthy diet if they are vegetarians or vegans
- Everything is okay to eat in moderation
- Good nutrition is more important than exercise
- People should not avoid fat altogether if they are trying to lose weight
- Scientists do not truly understand how nutrition influences the human body
- Most people approach the topic of nutrition in the wrong way when trying to lose weight
- Parents who fail to provide nutritious and healthy food for the children should face criminal charges
- People too often wrongly blame the genes for obesity rather than their own poor nutritional habits
- Young people should be talk more about nutrition in school
- The government is failing society due to a lack of education surrounding good and bad nutrition
- If people had a better idea of the implications of bad diets and poor nutrition than they would make more of an effort to eat healthily
- The government should consider rationing unhealthy food
- Companies that offer food with low nutritional value should not be allowed to advertise to children
- Restaurants should include nutritional information next to all menu choices
- Food companies should do more to identify to consumers the nutritional information related to various food products
- It is up to consumers to learn more about what they are eating rather than blaming other people
- People should not eat false food more than once per month
- Fast food companies have ruined the nutritional standards of the United States
- People do not eat enough essential vitamins
- Supplements and vitamin tablets are not suitable replacements for a healthy diet
- Poor nutrition leads to people being more argumentative and aggressive
Child Nutrition Essay
1784 Words8 Pages
Children come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Their genetic blueprints determine how fast and how big they will grow. Some children are destined to grow slowly while others make rapid leaps in development. Genetic, environmental, hormonal, nutritional and behavioral factors work together to determine a child's rate of growth. As the caregiver, your job is to provide the right materials for growth - a wide variety of nutritious foods.
Nutrition During Pregnancy
Proper nutrition during pregnancy plays a vital role in determining the health of the newborn child. Through the quantity and quality of what a pregnant woman eats, she provides the nourishment necessary to begin and maintain the growth…show more content…
While fresh fruits and vegetables are best, frozen or canned may be substituted.
Among the grain products, whole-grain and whole-wheat are best. Six to 11 daily servings are recommended. Any of the following counts as a serving: 1 slice of whole-grain bread, 3/4 cup ready- to-eat enriched cereal, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup enriched or brown rice, 2 tortillas, or 1/2 cup spaghetti or other noodles.
Four servings a day of milk and milk products are suggested. These may include: 1 cup of milk, yogurt or cottage cheese, two 1-inch cubes of cheese, 1 cup pudding or custard, 1-1/2 cups soup made with milk, or 1 cup ice milk or ice cream.
For women who can't digest the sugar in milk or are lactose- intolerant, modified milk products are available in the dairy section of the supermarket. These include yogurt -- milk in cultured form -- and low-lactose substitutes. A woman who feels she is not getting enough milk products should talk with her health care provider about other sources of calcium.
Adjustments in diet may be necessary to deal with some of the common discomforts of pregnancy. If nausea is a problem (usually during the first trimester), smaller more frequent meals may help, along with crackers as snacks and liquids between -- rather than with -- meals. Heartburn also can be eased by frequent small meals and avoiding greasy or heavily spiced foods and caffeine. For constipation, which may occur at any time